The Committee on Revision of the Penal Code has released its 2021 Annual Report. The report describes the Committee's work and recommendations for the upcoming legislative cycle.
The recommendations are:
- Strengthen California’s mental health diversion law.
- Encourage alternatives to incarceration.
- Expand CDCR’s existing reentry programs.
- Equalize parole eligibility for all offenses.
- Modernize the county parole system.
- Repeal the Three Strikes law.
- Create a review process for people serving sentences of life without the possibility of parole.
Information about the Committee's work can be found through the navigational menu (above) or by using the site map (below).